Monday, May 12, 2008

YEARNINGS....and Learnings



I have journeyed through time.Often bringing light weight baggage, sometimes carrying a heavier load. Through these journeys I discovered the many things i failed to see before.One of them is what I wish to explore here....again..and again...and again..until i get tired of reading them and probably do something about it.

Embarking on the re discovering of self has always been a constant quest deep within me.Younger years spent in exclusive schools run by nuns has made me focus on the giving of self un selfishly to others... which maybe, has paved its way deep within..

Only of late have i realized the many things i have failed to nurture--- the ME, as the other ME -- an artist. Yes. I could use that term..Somehow,somewhere there it is.. The deep longing in my heart to nurture this love and passion for serious writing.On my journeys, I have met several few who discovered themselves and have explicitly shown themselves as who they truly are -- thru their passion for writing,creative photo shoots,stage dramas, paintings and caricatures, songs and music...they seem to have nurtured these gifts along the way.I TRULY ENVY THEM. Other important matters,bigger responsibilities and yes, having grown in a spot you never dreamed of -- came along my path which placed these yearnings aside.
I YEARN... to learn more on how to use the right words behind meanings and make meanings behind words without being very oblivious about it.

I yearn... to collect ZILLIONS OF WORDS that totally connect with what I wish to express and elaborate.

I learned that..to be able to express thy self more profoundly you have to keep on Reading... and.. WRITING your thoughts down.And then,SPEAK about it too --maybe out loud or a little toned down to 30 decibels --to your friends,to your family and most distinctly--TO THY SELF!

I Yearn...To read the wisdom of those who have plenty and to reflect on the wisdom of my own experiences.And yes..nothing can beat writing from ones own experiences and dissecting thy own mind.To research more on what you wish to write about would make a perfect wave.

I have learned... that expressing ones self with CLARITY matters.That being ARTICULATE with words sound off well.

I learned..that in this fast paced world we now live in--to fully understand what you are reading,you have to slow down a bit and read carefully..digest the words and the thots that came along those lines you are reading..AND..allow time to sink it all in--into the depths of your being..

I yearn...to do that more often.

I YEARN ....to learn more of how writers prose and pose their words together .

I yearn...one day... to travel the globe and perhaps discover a world of similarities or a world of differences...maybe..just maybe.. rediscover myself again ..that would be the day for more things to write and moments to capture!

I learned... that I am a big fan of writers who can explicitly put their words together to create a very well said thought,an article,a book, a page ,a journal or a blog that can connect well with the soul of the reader.

I learned... that I am not so very nice with creating poems BUT i love reading & listenning to them, being read as well.

I learned... that I can be well into the ARTS without trying very hard.That I can easily comprehend the mind of an artist.Which probably makes me one of them.Yes.. I am one of them... And that is my silent cry.A cry of a fanatic craving to learn how to move along the ebb, the tide, the web of words to create a well said prose and pose with a large dose of those.

I learned..that Humor added well into a set of words make up my day.It sets my spirit high to soar off on my own day with laughter.But most often, the laughter dies out amongst the ebb of serious and complicated things attached to the chosen job ...whew. I sometimes ponder on the what ifs...what if.. I were not in this chosen field.. where would I be? Had i been brought up the other way around,left alone to tinker on my own dreams and focus on what i would've wanted to become.On which path would I have travelled...If i have made a serious career out of this yearning..would I have scored the highest ielts bandwidth?..hmmmmn..ponderings...

Yes.. the dreamer artist in me is slowly sparkling,silently crackling sounds.. popping up out of my head. (pop corn.hahahah.I am enjoying this. Having this mini keyboard attached to my boggy tap makes my fingers tick the keys with gusto. It is funny how I have ignored this tiny keyboard and endured suffering the misdemeanors of mister letter M on the main tap's keypad.)

Yet..I say , for now...

Not yet Rizal, not yet..the molave has yet to tread on more immediate things that would probably...push these yearnings up..Maybe...just
softly.. let it be as it is..love the trip and bask on the sunshine of others who share that same passion..and learn from them..yes!
In the distant horizon...with my sunrise and sunsets--I can dazzle my way towards that..
in that perfect time created only for me...

No comments: