Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm Madly Deeply in Love with you






For most people ,saying the words "I love you" is often difficult to do. In our home,I am happy to say that even during very tough family times, we seem to have adapted saying these short sentences ever since the children were small..Especially when the need calls for these magic words to be spoken. Now that two of them are a little way going to become teens already,my big kids don't find saying these words too difficult to do...hey, yo dude !?? Well..though not on air anymore.. at least, they still say it openly to us! Like these past days, they hide it from public ears when they express these words .. ( they either whisper it close to our ears only ants can hear or say it boldly, all smiles-- when we're alone--together with palms open wide for the day's allowance). What more can a neophyte parent like me expect from a grown up Hey yo! dude man..wazzup wazzup kind,eh? Mom ! That's Parenting responsibility,accountabilty , liability , capability,availability..what else? Gravity...zip.


For us parents, whose only comfort & rest , is to hear our children say these words... the leaps we do for them does'nt matter anymore.These words, most of the time --just eases the hurdles.

Our toddler has even given these a try during his terrible no-no moments.When he is teased by his elder brother and sister, he says :" I dont like you,kuya. I dont like you,ate." But when he is happy with what his elder sibs are doing for him, he would spontaneously go : "I love you Kuy.I love you ,ate." The good part of their exchanges,which I love to hear, is when,the little tot would be on the verge of tears and say " I dont like you kuya!" and the kuya would pinch his tiny nose & return a very kind answer to his little bro with " I love you Yosh."

Just early this week.I adapted the words in my t.i.t.l.e inside our home.Everybody went wide eyed and I somehow got their full attention for a moment. I taught my toddler these words to say as another option if he finds the "i love you" thing not working very well anymore especially when he wants to have his way around the house.. ahehehehe...You see, I told the older ears listenning..there is this saying that says, REDUNDANCY in anything,often has its dangers too..Well, sometimes, we say it too often, we forget the real meaning of the words..why not try a longer phrase that may have more meaning this time? You see,love, kuya, ate, and Yosh... I cant help it, I'm just... madly , deeply in love with you, guys..
And you know the rest.. is...history (blink...s-m-i-l-e sheepishly..).

My little Yoshua didnt seem to get it yet. He said when I asked him to repeat the words he replied : “I dont know,mommy.I don’t like !! its long.” hahahaha! Or so I thought..Well, he did consider these words..you see, just this morning after his bath time, 2 days after I first wrote this blog, he blurted out the long line with so much gusto with a very charming smile, saying in a high tone : "mommy!? i am madely , deeply in labv with youuuuuuuu!" wow. that made my heart skip a beat for a sec..

Ka corny ni mommy oist.the teens say...

But i could see from the corner of my eye,that i somehow hit home. I don’t know..I just know...They wore that hidden smile in their eyes-- only a mother can read.


1 comment:

Sherry said...

HI, I just saw your post on mylot and wanted to see your site. It is very nice. This article is very interesting. I hope you'll visit my blog.

Sherry